WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies and other similar technologies such as local shared objects, flash cookies or tracking pixels are tools employed by web servers in order to store and retrieve information about their visitors, as well as ensure the site’s correct functioning.
By means of these devices the web server may record certain user data, such as visualization preferences for that server’s pages, username and password, products that interest them most, etc.
COOKIES AFFECTED BY THE GDPR AND EXEMPT COOKIES
Following the EU directive, the cookies which require informed consent on the user’s part are those used for analytical, and advertising and affiliate program purposes, while those remaining exempt are used for technical and functionality purposes or in order to provide services which the user has expressly solicited.
TYPES OF COOKIES
DEPENDING ON THEIR PURPOSE
- Technical and functional cookies allow the user to browse a website, platform or application, and to use different existing options or services within it.
- Analytical cookies are those which allow website owners to track and analyze the user’s behavior in the websites to which they are linked. The information gathered by means of this type of cookies is used in order to measure activity within the website, application or platform, with the purpose of introducing improvements according to the analysis of the data regarding the use of the service by the users.
- Advertising cookies allow the management, in the best possible way, of advertising spaces which, in their case, the publisher may have included within a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided on the basis of criteria such as published content or the frequency with which the advertisements are shown.
- Behavioral advertising cookies gather information about the user’s personal preferences and choices (retargeting) in order to allow the management, in the best possible way, of advertising spaces which, in their case, the publisher may have included within a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided.
- Social media cookies are placed by social media platforms within the services in order to allow the user to share content with their friends and networks. Social media platforms are able to track the users activity outside of the Services. This may affect the content and messages displayed in other services the user may visit.
- Affiliates cookies allow to track visits from other websites, with which the website has established an affiliation contract (affiliation companies).
- Security cookies store encrypted information in order to avoid the data stored within them to be vulnerable to malicious attacks from third parties.
DEPENDING ON THEIR OWNERSHIP
- First-party cookies are those sent to the user’s device from a device or domain which is managed by the publisher and from which the user-requested service is provided.
- Third-party cookies are those sent to the user’s device from a device or domain which is not managed by the publisher, but by a different party which deals with the data obtained by means of the cookies.
SEGÚN EL PLAZO DE CONSERVACIÓN
- Session cookies are a kind of cookie designed to gather and store data while the user accesses a website.
- Persistent cookies are a type of cookie in which data is stored on the device and can be accessed and treated during a set period by the cookie’s owner, which can range from several minutes to several years.
PERSONAL DATA TREATMENT
Mendel’s Brain S.L. is the party responsible for the personal data of the party concerned. These data will be treated in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council (27.04.2016), and thus provides the following information about such treatment:
Purpose of the treatment: in accordance to the specification found in the section about the cookies used on this website.
Legitimacy of the treatment: through consent given by the party concerned (GDPR art. 6.1).
Criteria for the preservation of data: in accordance to the specification found in the section about the cookies used on this website.
Data sharing: data will not be shared with third parties, except for cookies owned by third parties or as a legal requirement.
Rights of the concerned party:
- The right to withdraw consent at any moment.
- The right to access, amend, transfer and delete data, and to limit or oppose its treatment.
- The right to make a complaint before the Autoridad de control (www.aepd.es) should the concerned party consider that the treatment does not follow the regulations and legislation in force.
Contact details to exercise your rights:
Mendel’s Brain S.L.. Calle Agustín Escardino 9. Parque Científico de la Universitat de València, – 46980 Paterna (València). E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
COOKIES USED ON THIS WEBSITE
COOKIES CONTROLLED BY THE PUBLISHER
Technical and functional
WordPress cookies which check whether cookies are enabled on the browser in order to provide an appropriate user experience.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
External providers on this website:
COOKIE SETTINGS PANEL
From this panel you may configure the cookies which the website may install on your browser, except for technical or functional cookies which are necessary for browsing and using the different options or services offered.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES FROM THE BROWSER
Delete cookies on the device
The cookies already on a devide may be deleted by deleting the browser history, which erases the cookies from every website visited. However, part of the information saved may be lost (for example, login details or website preferences).
Site-specific cookie management
In order to have more precise control of site-specific cookies, users may adjust their privacy settings and cookie settings within the browser.
|Bloquear las cookies||
Although most modern browsers may be configured to prevent cookies from being installed on devices, this may force certain preferences to have to be manually set every time a website is visited. Moreover, some services and features may not work correctly (for example, automatic session start with login details).
HOW TO DELETE COOKIES FROM THE MOST COMMON BROWSERS
|Internet Explorer. Versión 11||https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer|
|Firefox. Versión 65.0.1||https://www.mozilla.org/es-ES/privacy/websites/#cookies|
|Safari Versión 5.1||https://support.apple.com/es-es/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac|